To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica CL Addendum
From: "joe b." <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 07:09:49 +0100

In article <v01510101ae745c37d910@[204.144.250.74]>, Henry Chu
<doctorc8@stout.entertain.com> writes
>I have two CL's.  One with a 40 summicron is used by my daughter and the
>other with a 35 summicron I keep in my briefcase and is my constant
>companion.  Occasionally I put a 28 rokkor on it with a 28mm bright line
>finder.  Although the CL is not as solid as the M's, it is very pocketable.

These various messages about the CL have made me curious. I've never
handled one so I obviously don't know what i'm missing, but so far I
don't really understand the attraction. They won't allow collapsible
lenses to be collapsed into the body, so I assume, perhaps wrongly?-
that they are no more pocketable than an M with a collapsible lens on
it. Or are they? I can see that with a 35 Summicron it would be no
deeper than the same lens mounted on an M6, which is about the same
depth as it is with a collapsible 50mm on it. Are they really tiny in
comparison to an M? Can anybody explain to me what the attraction is?
--
joe b.