To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: All this R talk ...
From: "Anand R. Metha" <amehta@apk.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 00:12:08 -0400 (EDT)

Hi folks.

First of all, I just got back from Rocky Mountain National Park --
absolutely beautiful!  Just waiting for the labs to finish processing all
the photos.

While in Colorado it became clear that the time has come to begin using
longer lenses for some of the photography I want to do.  As far as I can
tell, this means using R lenses on my M6 or getting a R body.

I was hoping to elicit your opinions on either option.  If I do end up
purchasing a separate body, I'd like one that offers some D of F preview
(ruling out R4, I believe) and some metering that will allow pseudo-point
and shoot use.  Looking at R7 literature, that would mean "integral
metering", I think.  Of course with all the R8 hype, the discounted R7 is
attractive, but still expensive.  Maybe an R4-R6, ~70-200 zoom and 2x
converter?

All comments appreciated.  I'm trying to make a decision on how to spend a
reasonable amount (whatever that means nowadays) on equipment for a
December trip to India.

Thanks!

-Anand (time to search more lug archives)