To: leica-users
Subject: Nikon to Leica adapter
From: ANDPPH@ritvax.isc.rit.edu
Date: 04 Jun 1992 22:30:13 -0400 (EDT)

Re: adapting SLR lenses to Leica or to each other it is possible by coupling
preferably metal body caps to metal rear lens caps. I would steer clear of
plastic caps as the chance of dropping the lens is substantially greater that
way.

It helps to know what the flange to film distances are in order to make the
adapter the right thickness. I saved a list of lens flange to film distances
for various camera bodies (pre AF) and have listed some below in case you might
find this info useful.

                         Leica (screw)           28.8 mm
                         Leica (M bayonet)       27.8 mm
                         Canon (screw)           28.8 mm
                         Canon (FD and earlier)  42.1 mm
                         Nikon                   46.5 mm
                         Minolta                 43.5 mm
                         Pentax K                45.5 mm
                         Exacta                  44.7 mm

I have a few others but these are the major mounts. If you are interested in
others let me know and I will look it up. Happy hacking and glueing and
shooting! I made adapters to fit Canon to Leica (although this Canon makes) and
Nikon to Canon and Minolta to Canon and it is great to have them. I've also
adapted Fuji and Miranda lenses to Canon.

andy

            | Andrew Davidhazy, RIT, High Speed Photography Lab.           \
            : IN%"andpph@ritvax.isc.rit.edu"    fax 716-475-5804  |......./ /
                                                                          /
                                                                         /

Replies: Reply from Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> (Re: Nikon to Leica adapter)