To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #161
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 1996 15:28:56 -0700

At 01:25 PM 9/28/96 -0400, you wrote:
>My dealer is holding the R8 and 100 APO until Monday or Tuesday for me to
>make a decission.  My F4 system may just have to find a new home!

My opinion is the price on the APO is a tad high, but not out of line.
Depends on true condition of the lens. It's worth it, though if you look at
it and want to pay that much. It's a truly awesome lens, as is the 35
Summilux. Used those are selling for around $1,400 or a bit more, so I
don't think that price is out of line if it has passport. The price on the
R8 is exactly as expected.

I say - GO FOR IT. Those three items are going to change your mind about
Leica R. You picked two of the best lenses they make (among many!).

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR