To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Re: R8 lens contacts
From: "Paul T. Collura" <pcollura@epix.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 1996 11:05:44 -0400

It is my understanding from a previous brief conversation from the good
people at Tamarkin and Co. that the contact are for focal length
communication to be utilized with a new SCA standard ( I believe 3000)
which will communicate focal length to the flash.  The newest METZ flash
units including the 40 MZ 2 supposedly have this capability. At issue will
be the cost and availability of retrofitting older lenses.

possibility of focal length communication, or maybe a hint of some AF