To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: IIIa
From: fl1pper@frii.com
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 20:18:03 -0600 (MDT)

I am in  touch with a IIIa w/ 50mm Summar f/2 collaps. The camera has been
overhauled and looks to be very clean. The glass has some marks and lacks
the characteristic color of a coated lens. The serial # on the body
indicates 1939 production, the lens # 1938. The only damage I can see is the
rangefinder window (not the one you look thru) has a small dent on the bezel
and the glass in it seems to have its edge slightly exposed. The leather has
a small gap under the lens where adhesive shows (2-3mm wide). My question
is: what would be a fair price for the setup and does this particular lens
have any merits. I am considering buying this for use. I have an M3 and 2
M4Ps that I use for work so I will not be relying on this old one. Any
thoughts would be welcome.

Regards,
ben.holmes
boulder.co