To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: More newby questions
From: John Van Stelten <focalpt@ecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 14:35:16 -0600

I believe the best 50mm lens would be the Summicron but can be costly, but  I
have had some good Summitars,Summarits and Elmars.  I would leave the
Summars alone, if it were me. I have been told, that some of the Russian
lenses were very good.  Look for Canon,Nikon, or even Rokkor screwmounts.
Always try to get a ten or thirty day right of refusal, when you purchase, and
test the lens out.

John