To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Noctilux
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 08:25:54 -0700

At 10:02 AM 9/25/96 +0200, you wrote:

>If you don't want to use the Noctilux, you can also use a very sensitive
>film, like T-Max 3200, and push it at 6400. It's just like go from f/2 to
>f/1 with a 800 Asa film. If it is well processed (find a ood lab), results
>are wonderfull : I made 40cmx60cm prints from it!!!

It is great film, yes, and you get the best results by processing it
yourself and doing it right! Shaprness with this film is not a problem at all.

But, it's like using an f/1.4 lens at 800, not an f/2 lens (like using 1600
in this example). (Not counting the grain). There's a two stop difference
between f/2 and f/1.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR

Analogies in writing are like feathers on a snake.