To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: M4-2
From: "Charles E. Albertson" <chucko@eskimo.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 20:11:49 -0700

Stephen, Eric, et al.---

     In fairness to the guy who flamed me on this question, he did represent
himself as a professional who used his Leicas pretty hard, and felt that the
M4-2 felt short of the mark in the durability category. Obviously, his
mileage was different than mine. I was somewhat surprised by the vehemence
of his remarks, though, as I hadn't previously heard anything bad about the
M4-2 as a user's camera.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.

At 09:28 AM 9/20/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Eric Welch wrote:
>>

>> >I expressed the former viewpoint (collector disdain) by some guy who said
>> >every M4-2 he'd encountered was junk.
>>
>> Such snobbery only shows the person for what he truly is, a fool.
>>

>Its interesting to me how frequently Leica collectors and users
>misunderstand each other.   Both are coming from very different place
>with different motives--yet they each combine to make Leica a success.