To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica Web Site
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 00:46:17 -0700

At 02:15 PM 9/19/96 -0600, you wrote:
>May be they were using different-make lenses, resulting in non-uniform
>illumination.

Modern Photography did tests on the V35, and found it had very even
illumination with the lens it was designed to be used with. Less than
1/10th stop from center to edge. They also said the lens was the best lens
they'd ever tested and was very close to their $1,500 Apochromatic testing
lens. Arthur Kramer, who used to write for Modern has told me on Compuserve
that that testing lens is still one of the best out there today, more than
15 years later.

I wouldn't worry about spare parts for the V35, the thing is built like a
tank. And who announced it was discontinued? Did Leica? That's sad. But
maybe they're coming out with something new soon? I loved mine. Mabye a new
one will be better? I've heard nothing.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR

"More hay, Trigger?" "No thanks, Roy, I'm stuffed!"