To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: M6 - whirring noise
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <n5xrd@telepath.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 22:36:07 -0500

Some question was raised some time ago whether the M6 made a whirring noise
upon shutter release.  I happened to have my M6 out for the first time since
this discussion and put my ear on the back of the camera and released the
shutter.  From about 1/8 th  and longer there was a whirring noise after the
shutter closed which noise was longer as the shutter time increased.  Are
there some that don't whirr?????

Mind boggling questions like this are always investigated on drippy, rainy
days like we have been having.  Well you have to do something when you can't
take pictures and don't have a darkroom any more!!

Dick Hemingway
norman, OK