To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: R8
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 00:14:40 -0700

At 09:53 PM 9/16/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Talked with a dealer who has seen the camera and said "...its a great
>Yashica, probably one of their best."  How much of it is Leica and how much
>someone else???  A prior post said the shutter and metering system were made
>in Japan.  Interesting.  At first I thought it was a weird looking bird, but
>I printed out the picture of it lifesize and have had it on the wall.  Now
>my R7 looks old!!  But I don't think the R8 offers anything I would use in
>addition to the R7.  Be interested in seeing and handling one sometime.

There ain't no Yashica that comes even close to this. Go figure. Now maybe
some of it is made by Yashica, which is good. Kyocera, no?

And if you use flash outdoors, or for sports, the 1/250 sync is absolutely
necessary for using fill flash and other functions. Also auto bracketing if
your film budget is long and your time is short. :-)

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR

NOVICE: Do clever men make good husbands?

SAGE: Clever men don't BECOME husbands!