To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: 35 mm Asph. Titanium Tight !
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 09:58:55 -0700

At 02:29 PM 9/16/96 +0300, you wrote:
>   My brand new 35 mm Asph. Titanium, has a tight focusing ring, and this
>causes difficulties in focusing.
>   I had the same problem with my previous 35 mm Summilux Titanium.
>   I wonder if this is due to the fact that the Titans are made of Brass,
>but is this a satisfactory answer ?

Most new Leica lenses I've owned were tight to start with, but with some
exercise, they become silky smooth. It's a bother, but 10 yeras from now
they'll be sturdy, unlike other manufacturer's lenses. That being said, it
it's unreasonable tight, it should be looked at.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR

Do not worry if it does not work right. If everything did, you would be out
of a job.