To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica Public Offering
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 96 21:38:49 PDT
Cc: reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

> and in the long run so will Leica quality.

I am employed by a computer company. Its stock is publically traded. We
pride ourselves on making the very very highest quality computers. I
suppose that our board of directors could choose to steer the company
away from high-quality computers towards higher-profit computers, but
they haven't. Our company's strength is in our engineering and
manufacturing capability, which is unparalleled in the industry. It
would be foolish to try to turn us into a mass-market computer company.
I assume that the board of directors of the new publically-traded Leica
Camera company will make similar decisions.