To: Leica-users <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Russian 20mm finder
From: Thomas Pindelski <ThomasP@POSTOFFICE.nacm.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 96 09:28:00 PDT
Encoding: 16 TEXT

"the third is quality.  It is black, rectangular, and has a great image.
The easiest way to identify it is with it's parallax correction.  The
finder rocks back and forth on its mount upon a rounded base----much
like a child's rocking horse.  I might not be describing it well, but if
you see it, you will know what I am referring to since it is completely
unlike versions one and two above.   Since its cheaper and does the job
just as well, I sold my Leitz 21 finder and kept the Russian.  Note the
Leitz 21 does not have parallax correction. "

This is the one shipped to me (with my new Russar 20mm/5.6 lens) by SRS in
England. It is well made, metal and seems dead accurate, showing just a tad
more thgan the 21mm Super Angulon on my Leicaflex.  Check with SRS - they
may sell them separately.

Thomas
Replied: 21 Aug 96 12:21