To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Nikon SP
From: Brian Reid <reid>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 96 17:52:44 PDT
Cc: reid

> To the group: I have the opportunity to purchase a Nikon SP-Nikkor 1.4
> f=5cm and I would like your opinion on this camera,

I had this very camera for about a year in 1977; I sold it to a
girlfriend. I've regretted it ever since. It was a wonderful camera,
and she didn't appreciate it (I later learned that she traded it in on
a Minolta HiMatic).

That lens was the best low-light screwmount lens I have ever owned. I
bought a Leica 50mm shoe-mount viewfinder for it because I didn't much
care for its viewfinder. I have some really great pictures of my
grandparents that I took with that camera.