To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: New Rangefinder cameras
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 07:11:02 -0700

At 06:01 PM 8/16/96 -0300, you wrote:

>If you really understand how and what Leica makes and puts in theri R and
>M Lenses then you will know that the Leica lenses are better than the
>Canon lenses including Canons pro lenses,  If you are not comparing the

I'll just say that for you to say this means you don't know me. I am a
vehement advocate of Leica R and M lenses, they are the best in the world
for ruggedness and performance (not necessarily the "sharpest"). It's the
bodies where Leica doesn't stand out as "the best."

That being said, Canon's L series lenses are darn close, for a Japanese
manufacturer for ruggedness. They're dang tough. They aren't quite as simple
as Leica, though, and that can lead to mechanical problems.

All else being equal, Leica is the best. Period.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier
NPPA Region 11 JIB Chair