To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Nikon M6
From: Jack Hamilton <jackham@execpc.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 12:13:05 -0500

Eric Welch wrote:

> At 12:25 PM 8/14/96 PDT, you wrote:
>
> >Eric - it will be interesting to see whether they opt to take the predatory
> >pricing approach (a la Lexus) to gain market share; this would be a very
> >exciting offering, given Nikon's superb optical quality when they set their
> >mind to it. If the old Nikon F is anything to go by, this migth turn out to
> >be a very robust instrument. The pros should love it, given existing name
> >recognition.
>
> The problem is, because of the cost, Nikon decided to opt out and not make
> it. Sorry I didn't make that clear. Maybe some day they might change their
> minds, or come up with a more modest design? It would take a lot of
> pressure, but they're sure going to have to do something amazing to outdo
> the F5.
>
> ==================
> Eric Welch
> Grants Pass Daily Courier
> NPPA Region 11 JIB Chair

Eric, and all:

I think that the next rangefinder camera that you will see on the market
will be the Leica CL 2...a modified version of the Leica Mini-Lux, with
more features AND INTERCHANGEABLE LENSES. I think that Leica wants to
beat the biggibbers out of Contax.

So you will have Leica design, Leica optics, and Panasonic
electronics...not a bad marriage on the world market today.

Whad'ya' think?

By the way, I STILL USE LEICA CL AND MINOLTA CLE cameras, with Leica
lenses all the time...No complaints! Course I also use m's and r's...

Cordially,
Jack Hamilton
Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA