To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Nikon M6
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 08:47:39 -0700

At 12:25 PM 8/14/96 PDT, you wrote:

>Eric - it will be interesting to see whether they opt to take the predatory
>pricing approach (a la Lexus) to gain market share; this would be a very
>exciting offering, given Nikon's superb optical quality when they set their
>mind to it. If the old Nikon F is anything to go by, this migth turn out to
>be a very robust instrument. The pros should love it, given existing name
>recognition.

The problem is, because of the cost, Nikon decided to opt out and not make
it. Sorry I didn't make that clear. Maybe some day they might change their
minds, or come up with a more modest design? It would take a lot of
pressure, but they're sure going to have to do something amazing to outdo
the F5.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier
NPPA Region 11 JIB Chair