To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Lens cleaning question
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 1996 23:43:36 -0400

At 07:50 PM 8/8/96 -0400, Corey Levenson wrote:

>  I was told by Leica USA in NJ that they decided in the early 1980s that
>they would no longer service screw-mount lenses (although they did repair my
>1960 vintage 200 Telyt last year when the iris blades became dislodged).

The 200mm Telyt can be used on M cameras as well as on LTM cameras, and so
Leica will still service it -- the 4/200 Telyt remained in production into
the early 1980's.

I recommend sending all lens work to John Van Stelten.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!