To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Cases, M Elmar 50 Coll / Summicron 35
From: "joe b." <joe.b@private.nethead.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 21:55:16 +0100

In message <Pine.SCO.3.91.960726111412.8702B-100000@mark.mwa.org>,
Thomas Knoles <tgk@mwa.org> writes
>Has anyone out there used or looked at the new soft M6 case which comes
>with a padded wrist strap?  I saw the description in _Leica View_, which says
>it will hold an M6 with collapsible 50/2.8 Elmar.  I'm wondering how big it
>actually is--would an M6 with a 35mm Summicron fit as well?

I did compare the front projection of both of these lenses with a
current 50/2.8 Elmar collapsed and the difference was negligible (I
can't remember these measurements now but it was very, very close), so I
would assume the 35 Summicron would have to fit this case also. Unless
earlier Summicrons were bigger of course- I only measured the current
one.
--
joe b.