To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: bi-focals
From: gthrall@ix.netcom.com (Glenn Wm. Thrall)
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 09:24:59 -0700

You wrote:

>On  Wed, 24 Jul 1996 22:36:52 +0100 (BST)
>you said If you are bi-focaled and middle-aged, as I am... all you
have to do is put a Nikon F up to your eye...and then an R-6. BELIEVE
ME, THERE IS NO COMPARISON!!!

I too wear bifocals, wish I didn't, wish I were 30 years younger, but
there it is. I find the M6 viewfinder superior to the Nikon F4s, while
the Rollei SL35 is not as bright (as the Nikon F4s).

The M6 is always sharper than the Nikon, however that isn't unusual
when comparing a rangefinder and an autofocus.

My vision is corrected (now) to 20/15 ... six months ago I was legally
blind (cataracts). Wonderful what modern plastic lens inserts will do!

The F4s is more useful (for me) for sports and action photography. The
M6 is much better with more static material.

Much of this is a result of my ability, or lack thereof, to focus
quickly and probably the position of the upper and lower portions of
the bifocal.

Glenn

Glenn Thrall
gthrall@ix.netcom.com