To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: The "R3" (was 90 mm., 2 and 3 lug)
From: gthrall@ix.netcom.com (Glenn Wm. Thrall)
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 18:53:51 -0700

>blame him, but the shining path guerillas are pretty much gone now, so
>journalists don't have to worry as much as when he was down there last
(I heard).

Now they are called "bandits" or even "policia" but they will kill you
just as dead for very little. The whole area is in severe political and
economic turmoil ... in most cases caused by drug related inflation.
Beans and tortillas, survival food, is now more expensive than most
families can afford. The result is increasing street crime and
abandoned children.

>>Better yet would be an adapter allowing the Rollei SL35 lenses to be
>>used on an R3/6!
>
>What? You might as well use a Rollei body. The cameras will do little
if the lenses are "second rate." <g>

Ah, but the Rollei is mint ... and I can always get new lenses. A body
in that condition, nearly impossible.

Glenn

Glenn Thrall
gthrall@ix.netcom.com