To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: fire sale Leica prices
From: Jack Hamilton <jackham@execpc.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 17:21:38 -0500

Pieter Wenk wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I joined just a few days ago the list.
> (STUFF EDITED OUT FOR BREVITY...)
>
> Regards/Pieter
> Best regards/Pieter Wenk - Mfg's Representatives/Brokers
> E-Mail pieter.wenk@span.ch  Phone 041/21/921 61 45
> Fax 041/21/922 15 81  Vevey/Switzerland
>                     ******************
>
> "The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the
> abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide
> enough for those who have little."
>
> --Franklin D. Roosevelt 1937
>
>                    *******************

Pieter:

Let me say "welcome!!!"

I'm a newcomer to this list also...but not to using Leica cameras. This I have been
doing professionally for over 35-years.

Now using computers?...now that is a much, much different matter...I've used them only
for a few months.

I read some "great people" here...and I've learned "how little" I really know about
Leica cameras...I'm primarily a Leica-user, for photos intended for mechanical
reproduction...And, thusly, I have found it interesting to read from the "collectors"
and the "history buffs." Really helps to "round-out my understanding of the Leica
mystique."

Cordially,
Jack Hamilton
Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA