To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #133
From: "Paul T. Collura" <pcollura@epix.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 1996 23:18:21 -0400

--haven't you read the story of how the Swiss missed the boat on
> quartz, rendering their best mechanical brands toys for the super rich?

Charles if you think Swiss mechanical perfection watches ( Patek Phillipe
, Rolex, Breuget, Vacheron, etc) are toys for the rich what does that make
of Leica which to my way of thinking is like a Swiss watch as a Japanese
AF SLR is to a quartz watch?

> Furthermore, as a sports car fan who has owned 7 European-made cars I
think
> it's clear that if you look at *all* of today's production of Europe and
> Japan, it's not even close

Sorry old boy,  No Japanese auto gives the total driving satisfaction as a
BMW, Mercedes or Porche.   I own both German and Japanese metal ( Mercedes
, BMW and Lexus and the LExus is a far third in what counts to an
enthusiast.  ( I don't buy a car for the stereo).

> As someone's already said, let's love Leicas for their special
qualities,
> and not for who made them.
> Charles E. Love, Jr.

Who  are you to tell me who to love??  I had the good fortune to live in
Germany for a nearly two years and I happen to love those that make Leicas
as well as the product.

Paul T. Collura
pcollura@epix.net