To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: I guess the Leica Group is pretty well diversified...
From: "Kamal M. Malek" <kmmalek@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 96 21:06:59 EDT

What's in a name?

At first, I thought that homepage was a gag by some Leica fan!

Wasn't Leica supposed to be used for the cameras produced by Leitz? Does
anybody think that the use of the name for other products, by what is now
essentially a different company, detract from it at all.

My interest is purely one of interest in the marketing/brand equity aspect
of it all, not snobbism.

Kamal Malek
MIT IPC