To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Looking for an M-4P and Summicron.
From: ms fokkema <michiel.fokkema@tip.nl>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 22:08:08 -0700

I have owned the first version 35 summicron which is a very good lens.
Now I own and use a summilux.

I see the summicron as a good friend with a mild character, always
cooperative and reliable in his moods. Never mad or unwilling and never
overenthusiastic. You won't get disappointed but you also won't get
excited.

The summilux is much more unreliable, you have to know it and study its
behaviour. Most of the time you get disappointed but sommetimes you get a
picture that you never expected.

The summicron will never fail. The summilux you have to get aquinted with
first, before you can get the best out of it and then it will give
pictures you never expected.

BTW what is the problem that the summilux is the oldest existing design?
For most of you people the first 50 summicron is the best and is not
surpassed in quality by the later designs. So the age of a design doesn't
say anything about the quality.

Greetings,

			Michiel.