To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: about computer designs
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 22:32:13 -0400

Brian

Thanks for a great post -- interesting and most informative.

Leitz contracted with Zuse for a Z4 with which they did their early work.
My references are split between home and office and I can't find the cite,
but it MAY be in Laney, van Haesbroek, or Lager.  Mandler was instrumental
in this process, I believe, and used computer assistance at Midland to
produce the outstanding designes he produced there.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!

Replies: Reply from Brian Reid <reid> (Re: about computer designs)