To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #129
From: "PAUL COLLURA" <pcollura@epix.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 09:29:01 -0400

Eric,

I detect a snooty attitude on your part. Reread your reply to my post.
Your reply does not address WHAT I said but only your distorted perception
of what I said.  I was referring to the finish my R7 and its ability to
mar readily.  I said nothing about whether I liked the camera.  As a
matter of record, I like my R7 very much as I like the 19mm to 250mm
lenses that I have for it.  However it is not perfect and I question
whether Lieca is manufacturing the finest camera they know how or whether
they have instituted cost restraints in materials, design etc. At the
prices asked, Leica equipment should be the finest in materials and
workmanship that is humanly possible. I see nothing in the workmanship or
design of the R7 that will make it a "collectible".  That was my point.

Paul T. Collura
pcollura@epix.net