To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Kyocera & Leica
From: "Jan Decher" <dech0001@gold.tc.umn.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 96 14:37:55 -0500

In message <9607101628.AA06290@thillana.lcs.mit.edu>  writes:
> I'm not so pleased by the prospect of adding more Japanese lenses in
> the Leica R line.  The reason is that, in addition to black and white
> photography, I also do color, and I don't much like the warm and
> over-saturated color rendition that seems to appeal so much to the
> Japanese photo industry.
> -Patrick Sobalvarro

Patrick:

I don't think you can accuse the Contax Zeiss lenses of being to warm in their
tone rendition.  From all I know and have seen, Zeiss lenses have always been
"cooler" in tone (and of course ultra-sharp), compared to other brands
(including Leica?).  At least that was the general view in the German photo club
I participated in some years ago.  It would be nice to have Zeiss lenses as an
option for the Leica M/R.

Jan