To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Kyocera & Leica
From: FortunkoC@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 14:55:39 -0400

Patrick,

You can get deep blues, ala Rowell, and saturated yellows by using your
polarizer.

I am not a big fan of Rowell either. However, I like to use the polarizer
once in a while. Also, Leica is not a politically-correct camera. Too much
heavy metal. The Nikons are very bio-degradable, though. Rowell is probably
very popular in Japan. For similar reasons, he may be popular in Germany.

Rowell and his friends are what I consider cataloguers. They take risks by
swinging from ropes. AF/AE cameras and "dramatic" chromes are just what they
need. Plastic cameras, plastic minds, plastic pictures....

Many people disparage the likes of Ansel Adams. However, he knew how to take
interesting pictures with any camera and use film shortcomings to advantage.
Incidentally, did he ever use a Leica?

Pax et Looks,

Chris