To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: leica and APS
From: Michael Reichmann <michaelr@interlog.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 17:36:43 -0400

At 10:47 PM 08/07/96 -0700, you wrote:
>At 08:36 PM 7/8/96 -0400, you wrote:
>
>>There are times, such as a visit by Grandma, a company event, a graduation
>>ceremony etc, where even an M Leica can be too intrusive and inappropriate.
>>A pocketable point and shoot is the order of the day and this little gem
>>fits that description to a tee.
>
>Help me here. I'm having a hard time seeing where a camera with a built-in
>flash, noisy little winder and who knows what else being less intrusive than
>an M6. Is it just me? <g>

Yes Eric, it's just you!  :-)

The ELPH fits comfortably in the shirt pocket or pocket of your trousers --
except for depth, about the size of a business card, all clad in stainless
steel.  It doesn't even raise a bump in a jacket.  It has a 2:1 zoom with 2
aspherical glass elements, passive as well as active autofocus, intellegent
flash with 5 selectable modes including flash off, daylight syncro, red eye
reduction, etc; time exposure to 2 seconds and the full range of APS
features.  I find it totally captivating.

I had a company dinner / BBQ at my house one evening over the weekend --
about 16 people.  being the good host that I am, there's no way I would have
walked around with my M6 and a flash taking pictures.  But the ELPH was in
my pocket the whole time and I comfortably shot a couple of rolls.  Didn't
even have to put down my vodka tonic.

Cheers,

Michael