To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Film choice: Durability... -Reply
From: zapcomix@silcom.com (ClaudeBatmanghelidj)
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 16:33:00 -0700

        It seems like the more interesting discussion here would be
regarding the possibilities of electronic reproduction.  I'm almost 100%
ignorant of the technology, but it seems that the way we are going now, it
should not be too long before ccds will be able to record images to the
same standard as say kodachrome or velvia.  In any case, I'd be interested
to hear from you as to where we are headed in electronic imaging.  How
about developing an electronic back for the M-6?  Would there be a market?
How small could it be made?  It would certainly be a great
photo-journalistic tool.  Or is it the case that emulsion will always reign
supreme?  Any answers to my questions would be appreciated.

        On another note, are there any Mamiya 6 or 7 users here?  How do
the optics compare with Leitz?  It's a pity the lenses are so slow.

                                        Claude.

Replies: Reply from Fred Ward <fward@erols.com> (Re: Film choice: Durability... -Reply)