To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Looking for Leica service recommendations
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 1996 00:34:22 -0700

At 04:40 PM 7/1/96 -0700, you wrote:

>If so, they've taken the first step. Of course, we're not even addressing
>the issue of spare parts.

I'm sure that's the key. It would be cost prohibitive for the owner, let
alone Leica to have little Leica munchkins building parts for outdated
lenses. Let's face it, you would be better off buying new stuff. Besides,
how long before the screw cameras start wearing out? (Like any other
manufacturer had cameras built in the 40s that people are still griping
about not getting good service. I don't think we need to worry about the
bayonet stuff for quite some time.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier