To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: the SPAMMER
From: Mark_Bishop@ipc.co.uk (Mark Bishop)
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 11:13:11 +0100

I appreciate that it may be possible to program the mailserver to reject
postings which come from outside the group, but would council against doing so
because we seem to get quite a few postings which are in fact wrongly addressed
or worded attempts to join the group. If their mailings reach the group, someone
can email to give them the correct form of address to get in; if their
contributions are rejected we could lose them.

No, I tried another tack with our spurious mailer: I programmed cc:Mail 3.0 to
send her an email consisting of the word SPAM repeated 20,000 times, on the
hour, every hour. The first line of the message stated that this would continue
until she promised to stop sending unsolicited material. I am sure it will have
had little or no effect but it sure kept my tiny mind entertained.