To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Nikon F5 or why I like my R7
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <n5xrd@telepath.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1996 16:03:21 -0500

At 03:45 PM 6/21/96 -0400, you wrote:
>At 03:16 PM 20/06/96 -0500, you wrote:

>The F5 looks neat, but I'll keep my F4.  Nothing on the F5 tempts me.  Now,
>if the Leica R8 is a decent box maybe I'll be convinced to finally scrap my
>Nikon gear and go to Leica for SLR as well as RF.  :-)
>
>Michael

The F4 was just too heavy for  me at my age :-)  Also see
http://133.5.149.253/~walter/f5.html - reports and pictures - a self
correcting shutter and five zillion facet light meter!!!

Seriously, I wonder just how exact the camera has to be.  It is a long way
from taking an incident reading in the sunlight and shooting a whole film,
or the sunny 16 rule, and having a lens mounted on more computer power than
desktop computers had just a short time ago.  When I got turned off the
computer cameras and came back to the R7 was when one offered several
different inserts for portraits, landscape, closeup, fast action, etc.  The
N90s also had such a menu which I didn't care much for and which I am sure
many people really like.

The R7 also has knobs (like the F4) and is lighter and for my purposes a lot
more compatable with how I take pictures.  Good thing we are all different
or we would only have one camera on the market.

Dick Hemingway
Norman, Ok