To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: 50mm Summicron
From: Michael Reichmann <michaelr@interlog.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 08:51:02 -0400

At 11:00 AM 17/06/96 -0400, you wrote:

>There's been a discussion related to this on the Rollei List dealing with
>the changeover by most manufacturers from engraved to painted serial numbers
>and data on the lens ring.  I have no current Leica lenses on hand to check,
>but my APO-Televid DOES have engraved numbers.  As time goes on, engraving
>is dying out -- costs too bloody much in today's marketplace.
>
>I'll stick to my NF lens!
>
>Marc

Now you've done it!  A whole new neurotic topic of discussion -- lens mark
engraving.  :-)

I just checked, and all my M lenses are engraved.  So are all of my Mamiya
645 lenses.  None of my Nikkor AF lenses are, but the Nikkor on my Palaubel
Makina 670 is.  My son's old FD Canon's are engraved though.

Something new to ponder and worry about.  (Just kidding!)

Michael