To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Kodak E100S
From: Michael Reichmann <michaelr@interlog.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 1996 15:53:11 -0400

At 11:53 AM 16/06/96 -0700, you wrote:
>     I tried a roll of E100S last weekend. I was headed downtown to my
>office and had a camera loaded with the stuff along in case I found
>something worth photographing. Down the street came -- a parade of fire
>trucks! On a sunny day, this wasn't a fair fight when it came to evaluating
>color saturation, but I think the grain is very fine, especially for a 100
>speed film. I'll try a roll of the E100 when it comes out.
>     A big improvement in Kodak's E-6 line. Having said that, though, I just
>bought another 50 rolls of K64.

I've only used E100S in 120 size so far, but I'm impressed as well.  My main
film is Provia 100 in both 120 and 35mm, but the new E100S is the first
Ektachrome in years that can stand up to Fuji's best.

It's biggest advantage in my eyes is that the contrast is slightly lower
than Provia.  For anyone doing Ciba printing this is a blessing.  Otherwise
the grain and resolution look comparable and the color pallette is very neutral.

Michael