To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #95
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 15:38:39 -0700

At 10:09 AM 6/13/96 -0400, you wrote:
>economics.  The point I was making is that Stan must be making too much
>money off people like me to be ABLE to pay this ridiculous price. And that

Last time I checked, this is America. People can do what they want with
their money, and we have no right to denigrate them. Or were you joking?
Would you criticize him for spending that much on a Porsche, which are
mostly a whole lot less rare than this camera he bought.

Mr. Tamarkin not only sells Leicas, but Hasselblads, Contax and Nikon. With
the size of inventory he mush have, $80,000 doesn't sound like all that
much. Shoot, that's less than one of each in any lens line he sells.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier