To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Tamarkin's wealth
From: BReisner@BOMC.TIMEINC.COM (Brad Reisner)
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 10:23:57 +0100

>Roger Beamo wrote:
>I can't believe what I'm hearing. Stan Tamarkin is a lovely guy who
>gave up other lucrative avenues in his life to pursue his love of
>Leica. He started small, and by good trading practices and an ethic
>that is exemplary, built the business into arguably the finest
>dealership in the U.S.
>
>He's generally competitive, one of the most knowledgeable collectors
>around, has a well trained staff of also knowledgeable people and is
>generous to a fault to groups within Leicadom [sic]. If his sin is
>that he is wealthy enough to be the high bidder in an auction, then,
>Stan, my hat is doffed to you!

I second that. I have had only good experiences in my dealings with Mr.
Tamarkin's companies (one M6, many accessories, and two camera bags so far
- but I'm still young ;-) In fact, I don't like buying from anywhere else
these days. If he can pay $80K for a collectible Leica, good for him. I
wish I had $80K to spend on my hobby.

--
Brad Reisner
Manager, Technology & Development