To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #95
From: "PAUL COLLURA" <pcollura@epix.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 10:09:45 -0400

> Hello Paul,
>
> When you go into the store to buy a candy bar, that candy bar has a
> value to you.  If you think the price is fare you buy it.  If  you
> thing the price is too high you don't buy it.
>
> Mr Tamarkin (whom I do not know) was in that exact position at the
> auction.  He thought the price was appropriate so he paid it.
>
> The value of any item is what a person is willing to sell it for, and
> what a willing and able is will pay for it...anywhere in the world.
>
> End of lecture on economics 101
>
> Regards,
> Bill Erfurth
> Evergreen, CO

Dear Bill,

With all due respect , I don't need a kindergarten level lecture on
economics.  The point I was making is that Stan must be making too much
money off people like me to be ABLE to pay this ridiculous price. And that
generally this is not beneficial to those of us who primarily USE Leica
gear.  (BTW I have purchased many thousands of dollars of equipment from
him and probably will continue to do so.)   Perhaps,  I'm jealous although
I would put that kind of money if I had it into Lancaster County
grandfather clocks as their investment potential is far greater.

Paul T. Collura