To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: 50mm Elmar
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 16:54:03 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <beamon@mailhost.primenet.com>

> Does anyone know when these were made or anything else about them? Roger
> observed that Leitz only put serial numbers on Leica lenses after 1932.

A small correction on this, Fred. I said that Rogliatti's "Leica, The
First 70 Years" only shows serial numbers on lenses after 1933. That
doesn't necessarily mean that Leitz didn't serialize before 1933,
only that Rogliatti didn't list anything before. I'm not
knowledgeable enough to know when Leitz began serializing lenses.
C'mon, you collectors, out there, what;s the dope?
--
Roger Beamon,  Natural History Interpreter & Photographer
                          Docent, Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum