To: fred@erols.com
Subject: 90mm Elmarit
From: fortunko@boulder.nist.gov (C.M. Fortunko)
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 1996 06:07:17 -0600
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

Fred,

I just read your message about the 90mm Summicron and Elmarit. I find that I
like to use my older (Type 1/Fat) Tele-Elmarit for people. I also have the
new Elmarit, with built-in hood, which I bought at an excellent price. I
find this lens to be excellent. However, it has a clearly-different
character from the older Tele-Elmarit.

I also like the finish of the Tele-Elmarit more than the new lens. Somehow
it seems more smooth than the new design with built-in hood.

Incidentally, the other guys are talking about the R-versions of these
lenses. Are these different from their M counterparts.

Best regards,

Chris

C.M. Fortunko, Ph.D.
Group Leader, Materials Characterization (853.05)
Materials Science and Engineering Laboratory
325 Broadway
Boulder, CO 80303

Voice phone:(303)497-3062      FAX:(303)497-5030

Replies: Reply from Fred Ward <fward@erols.com> (Re: 90mm Elmarit)