To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Leica R 90mm: Elmarit or Summicron?
From: danielk@wharton.upenn.edu (Kermit Daniel)
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1996 12:48:42 -0500

I'm going to buy a 90mm lens for my reflex Leica.  I'm trying to decide
between the Elmarit and the Summicron.  The extra f-stop on the Summicron
is tempting, but my impression is that the Elmarit is generally regarded as
a "better" lens.  Is that really the consensus?  I'll have to think about
the advantage to me of an extra f-stop and how much I care about the weight
difference (and the $ difference).  In the mean time, does anyone have any
advice or comments on these lenses?   I would appreciate any information,
impressions, general ranting . . . anything.

Kermit Daniel

The Wharton School
Universityof Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6372