To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: M lenses on R7?
From: danielk@wharton.upenn.edu (Kermit Daniel)
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 1996 13:17:28 -0500

I recently bought an R7 and one lens.  I have an M2 and several M lenses so
I was very excited when I came across this in the R7 manual:  "You can use
the Leica R7 with any lens of the Leica M range which is suitable for the
Visoflex R adapter."   I have two such lenses (I think): a 60 macro and a
280.   I have two questions:

1.  What is a Visoflex R?  I have a Visoflex III and can't recall ever
seeing a reference to a Visoflex R.  Is this just a case of
country--specific variation in names or something equally trivial?

2.  Does anyone have any experience with using M lenses on R cameras?  I
understand I'll lose some of the more sophisticated metering capabilities,
but hey, I'm using them on a Visoflex attached to an M2 right now.   It is
enough that I get access to the basic metering and a slightly nicer finder,
and  I won't have to carry two bodies.  Is the adapter easy enough to
remove so that I won't have to choose between using the lenses on my M2 or
my R7?  I asked someone at Wall Street Camera about the adapter and was
told it was a major pain, but then he seemed very interested in buying my
lenses.  I couldn't get any details out of him.

Thanks in advance for any information or advice.

Kermit Daniel

Replies: Reply from "joe b." <joe@azurite.demon.co.uk> (Re: M lenses on R7?)