To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica M6 competition...
From: James J Dempsey <jjd@k12-nis-2.bbn.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 1996 10:03:25 -0400

> > Why there is not real Leica M6 competititors ?
>
> 	My guess: The market is way too small. Take away the
> 	collectors and investors and what's left?

There may be a very limited market for a $3500+ camera with a normal
lens, but if the Nikon, Canon or Minolta could do it for $1000 or even
$500, there might be a much bigger market.

On the other hand, I would assume that these people have done the
marketing studies and have determined that they can't do it, or else
we would see a Japanese interchangable lens rangefinger.  (Other than
the Mamiya medium format...)

                       --Jim Dempsey--
                         jjd@bbn.com
              http://frontdoor.bbn.com/users/jjd