To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Kodak APS
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net>
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 10:00:18 -0700

At 11:00 AM 5/29/96 -0400, you wrote:

>If they came out with a new chemistry that would provide higher
>resolution on the same film size or better color or better exposure
>flexibility I might be on the bandwagon.  As it is, APS just seems
>like a bad idea.

According to Kodak, the new emulsions they developed for this format are
better than previous emulsions, but they will be also in 35mm format. APS is
for amateurs, and point and shoot types. Not for serious photographers. At
least at this point. I've seen some results a local camera store brought
back from PMA. I was NOT impressed.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass Daily Courier