To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Mail order screw mount lenses
From: pervo@powertech.no (Per Volledal)
Date: Sun, 26 May 1996 21:47:00 +0100

Hello.
I once was a happy subscriber to Camera and Darkroom magazine. When it
ceased to exist, they sent me something called Outdoor Photographer
instead. There ain't much in that magazine for me, but one of the
advertizers, Adorama, sells two screw-mount lenses, supplied with M-mount
adapter, viewfinder and a lenshood - a 28/3.5 and a 21/2.8 - for prices far
below the Leica lenses.

I do not know what kind of lenses these are, or their origin.
Can anyone tell med if these lenses are worth considering for serious
photography? I suspect they won't deliever Leica quality, but a 21 mm for
$800 don't sound so bad either.

(Well, I should really know better. There are other lenses I have fooled
myself into buying because it seemed such a good deal - but not so good on
optical quality)

Per Volledal
pervo@powertech.no
Stenfeltbakken 47