To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica Lens Tests
From: Edward Meyers <aghalide@phantom.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 20:19:53 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

On Tue, 21 May 1996, Eric Welch wrote:

> At 01:52 PM 5/21/96 -0400, you wrote:
>
> >Kramer came many years later. Nice guy. Compuserve? What's that? Ed
>
> You date yourself. <g> Arthur is driving around the country in his Mercedes
> enjoying retirement. For those who don't know, Arthur used to write for many
> years for Modern, and Pop I believe, and also worked for Ogilvy and Mather
> Advertising Agency in New York. He knows his stuff.
>
> Compuserve is an online service that blows the others (AOL, Prodigy, MSN,
> etc) away in the area of Photo discussions. Though this is a good place for
> Leica chat too. It's prices were notoriously high, and an offline reader was
> required to survive, but the prices are very competitive these days. Anybody
> interested, e-mail me and I'll give you what I know about it. I have no
> connection whatsoever with CIS or H&R Block who owns it, but I think it's a
> great place to hang out.
>
> ==========================
> Eric Welch
> Grants Pass Daily Courier

I believe Art has a few years on me. He worked at J Walter
Thompson, not the other place. He left to start his own
agency on Long Island and had Nikon as one of his clients,
in the days that he wrote the large format column at Modern.
Norman Rothschild told me that he knew Art back "when".
Art began writing regular at Modern after I left in 1966 to
open a studio in NYC. I'm not sure what you mean when you
mention his choice of automobile? Is he riding on route 66?
I'm sorry that he doesn't write for the "Modern"-Popular
Photography. I believe Steve Sint is doing the large format
drill there now. Art is very knowledgeable on large format
and has a beautiful darkroom. I've seen photos of it.
Ed Meyers