To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Re: Lens Cleaning
From: Charles E. Dunlap <cdunlap@rupture.ucsc.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 May 96 11:10:09 -0700

>There are also supposed to be some kind of lens "pen" that works like a felt
>tip pen that's supposed to be safe for lenses. I'm waiting or Mike Johstone
>at Photographic Techniques magazine to get back to me on tests he's going to
>conduct on them.

Although I didn't conduct a rigorous test I found the Lens Pen to be very
effective. A very soft brush on one end will remove any loose particles
and grit. The soft cup on the other end then picks up residue. It seems
to have some sort of black powder embedded in a soft suede cup. The black
powder is very very fine and any of it left on there can be easily
brushed off. It seemed to do an excellent job of cleaning, but I've never
used it on a really grimy lens (I try not to let them get that way!).

-Charlie

Charles E. Dunlap
Earth Sciences Dept.
University of California